Wednesday, July 28, 2004

edo, dormio, linguam latinam (et nunc graecam)

...haven't posted in a while because I've been doing Latin instead! (At least, I'd like to think so.) I bought Athenaze today. I've been so hard at work doing my Latin exercises that I needed a treat (which, according to Churchill, means learning Greek).

So I've started learning my alpha beta gamma's... I went hunting for some sound clips to help with pronunciation and came across Ancient Greek Tutorials. It's a great site hosted at Berkeley that has a very helpful pronunciation guide. I imagine the rest of the drills and whatnot will be equally helpful when I get that far. The site is designed for Mastronarde's Introduction to Attic Greek (see link in Athenaze post below...), and in fact the author is one of the voices in the pronunciation guide.

No comments: